-->

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Due to the operation for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on the 19th I am way behind on my reviews. Here are the reviews on some of the books I read over the last 11 days :D

Born Of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon 5*

I opened this one with trepidation because the main character was portrayed as Gay in previous League books and yet he is set up with a female love interest. I had no idea how Sherrilyn was going to make this a believable story that would keep me interested. Well I was soon so hooked I couldn’t wait to turn the pages.
Not only did Sherrilyn make the romance believable, she gave me an action packed story that had me crying and laughing out loud and generally so immersed that it was a true shock to reach the end and find out it was all ‘just’ a story.

Warrior by Cheryl Brooks 4*


This is book 2 in the series Cat Star Chronicles about an alien race of catlike aliens who are almost extinct.
I enjoyed the book and loved the main characters. Ms Brooks has a way of writing that is easy to read and holds you in the story even when the action turns really hot! This isn’t for everyone as the sex is explicit and yet it is also very much a science fiction romance at heart.

Rogue by Cheryl Books 4*

Book 3 of Star Cat Chronicles.
Another hot but interesting Science Fiction story by a good writer. As in previous books she had me hooked into wanting to know more about the main characters from the start. She kept the action going and I loved that we meet characters from earlier books too. Ms Brooks has the talent to write a series that isn’t repetitive but a unique story in each book without losing sight of the overall storyline about the Zetithian race.


Fugitive by Cheryl Brooks 4*


Book 5 of The Star Cat Chronicles.
Yet again Cheryl Brooks gave me exactly what I have come to expect from her writing. A nice light hearted romp with plenty of action and hot scenes between the Hero and Heroine . It also kept the story of the Zitithian’s history and present problems running. Can’t wait to read more of her books.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer 4*


This is the first book in a new series called Lunar Chronicles. I loved that it was such a unique version of the Cinderella tale. If you like steampunk or modern twists on old fairytales then you will really want to read this, even though it is ‘supposed’ to be YA. Ms Meyer has produced a novel that had me engrossed from page one and made me wish I had read it sooner.


Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione 5*

How do you turn an outright villian who deserves to be punished for an eternity into the hero of a story. Ask Larissa Ione because she managed to do just that with this one! She made me feel for Reseph when in previous books I just wanted him dead. It takes skill to do that and she has it in spades!


Under His Skin by Kallysten 4*

I received this book from the author on condition I gave it an honest review. So here it is:
I liked this story and loved the fact that, by switching bodies, the two heroes learned more than they ever expected about both themselves and the the way they felt about each other. This was a short but intense read that is well worth picking up if you like m/m romance with lots of emotion and an engaging plot.

So there you have it the best of all the books I read whilst incapacitated by only having one hand to use :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.