-->

Friday, January 25, 2013

Reviewing an online read

I don't normally review online stories but this one is such a good read I just had to tell everyone about it!

The Student Prince by FayJay 5*

Blurb:
A modern day (BBC) Merlin AU set at the University of St Andrews, featuring teetotal kickboxers, secret wizards, magnificent bodyguards of various genders, irate fairies, imprisoned dragons, crumbling gothic architecture, arrogant princes, adorable engineering students, stolen gold, magical doorways, attempted assassination, drunken students, shaving foam fights, embarrassing mornings after, The Hammer Dance, duty, responsibility, friendship and true love...

My Review:
I have to admit that I read it both because it was about Arthur and Merlin and because it was about St. Andrew's.

The first because I have loved Arthurian stories since I was a young child and the latter because *blushes to admit it* my eldest son was a 'poor boy from Cardiff' who got into St. Andrew's before it became public knowledge that The Prince Of Wales was going there.

I had a permanent smile on my lips whilst reading this story, as it was full of great humour and many clever twists on modern day society and celebrities. The St. Andrew's information was both accurate and interesting and used naturally throughout. As an m/m romance it was one of the best I have read in quite a while, with more being given to the characters than the sex but not excluding the sex all together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.