-->

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review of The Melody Thief by Shira Anthony

The Melody Thief (Blue Notes #2)by Shira Anthony 5*
BLURB: Cary Redding is a walking contradiction. On the surface he’s a renowned cellist, sought after by conductors the world over. Underneath, he’s a troubled man flirting with addictions to alcohol and anonymous sex. The reason for the discord? Cary knows he’s a liar, a cheat. He's the melody thief.
Cary manages his double life just fine until he gets mugged on a deserted Milan street. Things look grim until handsome lawyer Antonio Bianchi steps in and saves his life. When Antonio offers something foreign to Cary — romance — Cary doesn't know what to do. But then things get even more complicated. For one thing, Antonio has a six-year-old son. For another, Cary has to confess about his alter ego and hope Antonio forgives him.
Just when Cary thinks he's figured it all out, past and present collide and he is forced to choose between the family he wanted as a boy and the one he has come to love as a man.
Note: The Blue Notes Series can be read in any order. Each is a stand-alone story from the same classical music universe.

My Review: This was my first Blue Notes story but it won't be my last. Shira Anthony wrote a wonderful contemporary romance that had me eagerly reading to find out more about both the main characters. It even had me in love with little Massi (the six yr old son) which is rare for me having had 5 of my own to contend with over the years :D What I liked most though, was that it didn't do the instantly get together and everything turns up roses, instead it showed how a relationship needs to be constantly worked at to keep that happy ending. Something else I truly know from my 37 years together with the father of the 5 children. The final bit that sealed the deal for me and turned this into a truly good book was that the truth about how much hard work goes into achieving success in any field but especially that of a good classical musician wasn't ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.