-->

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review Of Whistle Blowing

Whistle Blowing (Love is Always Write)by Ada Maria Soto 5*
BLURB: Former Navy medic Sebastian Thompson has classic good looks and a true blue heart. But that doesn't mean he has the confidence to make a move on the gorgeous young blond who just breezed into the Blue Dragon Bar. Fate will play its hand, anyway. Finding the same young blond beaten to the edge of death, terrified of a hospital, Sebastian has to choose - walk away, or try to save a life.
This one chance encounter will lead Sebastian into a web of danger. Who is the enemy and who is a friend? Who will he trust when everyone has a reason to lie? How far will he go, and what will it cost, to do the right thing?

My Review: I wasn't sure about this one when I started reading it, as I felt Sebastian was rather too good to be true about taking in a stranger and helping him stay away from those in authority, just because the man said it was too dangerous. That said it soon became apparent as the story continued that the Character of Sebastian was one of those rare humans who do good things because it's the right thing to do. This endeared him to me and I actually loved that the whole story was told from his POV. I did get a little swamped by some of the medical detail but found it actually made sense to have it. When the story really started to go places the hint of paranoia and danger from Daren was beautifully written and kept me glued to the pages as I rushed to finish it. My only complaint is that it really needed an epilogue to tie up a few loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.