-->

Saturday, September 07, 2013

More Magic from Mercedes Lackey


Magic's Promise (Valdemar: The Last Herald-Mage #2)by Mercedes Lackey 5*
BLURB: The wild magic is taking its toll on the land, and even Vanyel, the most powerful Herald-Mage to ever walk the world, is almost at the end of his strength. But when his Companion, Yfandes, receives a call for help from neighboring Lineas, both Herald-Mage and Companion are drawn into a holocaust of dark magic that could be the end of them both.
My Review: This story follows on from Magic's Pawn but a few years later after Vanyel has become a powerful Herald Mage. I love this story and like book one my copy is fast falling apart because of it. In this case it's the emotions and mystery that keep me rereading and yes, I know I know the answer to the mystery now, but it is still a good read.



Magic's Price (Valdemar: The Last Herald-Mage #3)by Mercedes Lackey 5*
BLURB: The final chapter in Mercedes Lackey's spellbinding fantasy trilogy! The Herald-Mage, Vanyel, and his Companion, Yfandes, are alone responsible for saving the once-peaceful kingdom of Valdemar from the forces of a master who wields a dark, forbidding magic. And if either Vanyel or Yfandes falters, both Valdemar and its Herald-Mage must pay the ultimate price.
My Review: I love/hate this book. I can never leave it out when I reread the trilogy but I hate the ending! Mind you it is a little bit redeemed by the epilogue. Overall this is a well written emotional read that is very much a norm for Valdemar stories, if you don't want your heartstrings pulled to pieces then don't bother starting them.

One other thing - I have a new ereader :D It's a Kobo this time and as soon as I get familiar with it I will be catching up on all the 'please review this' books I have :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.