-->

Monday, September 30, 2013

Reviewing The Martian:A Novel by Andy Weir


The Martian: A Novel by Andy Weir 5*
BLURB: I m pretty much f**ked. That's my considered opinion. F**ked. Six days into what should be the greatest two months of my life, and it's turned into a nightmare. I don't even know who'll read this. I guess someone will find it eventually. Maybe 100 years from now. For the record... I didn't die on Sol 6. Certainly the rest of the crew thought I did, and I can't blame them. Maybe there'll be a day of national mourning for me, and my Wikipedia page will say - Mark Watney is the only human being to have died on Mars. And it'll be right, probably. Cause I'll surely die here. Just not on Sol 6 when everyone thinks I did. Let's see...where do I begin?
My Review: Complimentary Review Copy Provided by Publisher Through NetGalley. I would love to see this story in a cinema as a film done in the style of I Am Legend. It's a futuristic Robinson Crusoe story with the place of marooning being Mars. So not only does the Hero have to survive, he has to survive in a place with no human resources except those he can provide for himself. I loved Mark and his determination, his MacGyvering will-to-live and, most of all, for his wicked sense of humour. There were so many fine and amusing lines from him in his log that it would be hard to choose just one So I won't even try, you'll just have to read it yourself and find them all. Anyone who enjoys a good story with a tense atmosphere and snarky comments, plus the odd 70's TV & music references, will love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.