-->

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Phylogenesis by Alan Dean Foster


Phylogenesis (Founding of the Commonwealth #1) by Alan Dean Foster 5*
BLURB: In the years after first contact, humans and the intelligent insect like Thranx agree to a tentative sharing of ideas and cultures despite the ingrained repulsion they have yet to overcome. Thus, a slow, lengthy process of limited contact begins.
Yet they never plan for a chance meeting between a misfit artist and a petty thief. Desvendapur is a talented Thranx poet who is bored with his life and needs new inspiration for his work. Venturing beyond the familiar, Desvendapur runs into Cheelo Montoya, a small-time criminal with big dreams of making a fast buck. Together they will embark upon a journey that will forever change their beliefs, their futures, and their worlds .

My Review: Alan Dean Foster's Pip & Flinx books have been favourites of mine for many years but it dawned on me that I have never read book one of the Humanx Commonwealth. Well I am delighted to have rectified that omission as it was just so wonderful. I loved every word and the characters were so well written I was sorry to reach the end and have to leave them behind. Guess my bank account is going to take a big hit in the near future as I get the rest of his Commonwealth books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.