-->

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Another Megan Derr book to add to my list

My list of great stories that I hope to read more of that is.


Of Last Resort (Princes of the Blood #1) by Megan Derr 5*
BLURB: In a kingdom ravaged by the beasts and terrors of an ancient war, the only hope against them is the army of mixed-blood beings known as the King's Legion: dragoons, shadowmarch, sorcerers, titans … and the Princes of the Blood, nigh-invincible warriors of fearsome magic and strength, their only weakness a need for pure human blood.
When his brother runs away, Raffé agrees to undergo the Blooding, but he is a pale imitation of his strong, capable brother. No one expects him to survive and become a Prince, merely to die to save the rest of his family and preserve honor.
But runaways and weaklings are the least of the kingdom’s concerns when an ancient evil returns with new tricks, and their only hope lies with knowledge long lost and a fierce bond forged in darkness …

My Review: I should have known that a book by Megan Derr would be both heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time. This one was certainly both. I was dragged into a world that was so dangerous but so intriguing that I was most reluctant to put the book down long enough to eat or sleep (I did both though). I loved Raffé and really felt for him and the sacrifices he made and, without giving spoilers, I can only say read the book to find out how he deals with them. If you love a book with depth of character, excellent world building and all kinds of heaven and hell scenarios then read this one, and then do like I intend, and get the following stories about the Princes Of The Blood. If they are as well written as this one it will be money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.