-->

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Updating books read and listened to.

I finished listening to another Honor Harrington book then took a break and listened to a rather nIce snake shifter story by Megan Derr. I also managed to get my large Granny Square blanket finished too :D I'm now attempting to teach myself Tunisian Crochet, which is turning out to be more fun than I expected.

Audiobook: Flag In Exile: Honor Harrington, Book 5 by David Weber Narrated by Allyson Johnson Narration 5 Story 5

Audiobook: Backwoods Asylum by Megan Derr Narrated by Paul Morey Narration 5 Story 5

In between the crochet and audio books I took time out to read the missing book from the Hidden Magic series and a story with dragons.


Modeling Death (Hidden Magic #2) by Amber Kell 3*
BLURB: Jacob Richmond was used to men hitting on him, but little does he realize Guy Franks has waited hundreds of years to find his mate and nothing was going to dissuade him from a relationship, even the man himself. When someone starts killing models, Guy knows its time to claim the man fated to be his.

My Review: I can't say I loved it but I didn't hate it either but, oh boy, did it end weirdly. It seemed a little abrupt and unfinished but at least it filled in the gap I had in the series. Not sure if I'll bother reading anymore of it, I suppose it will depend on funds and if the blurb sounds interesting enough for me to spend them on it.



Dragon Slayer (The Empty Crown #1) by Isabella Carter 4*
BLURB: Ingram is a coward and weakling—at least according to his father, the king, and the royal court. He cannot use a sword, he faints at the sight of blood, and even his brilliant abilities as a strategist are not enough to overcome his failings. When his father loses a bet to the notorious Lord Mallory over the matter of a dragon slaying, he pays his debt by ordering Ingram to marry him.
Then his father reveals that he is putting Ingram to a greater purpose, giving Ingram one last chance to prove he is not worthless. All it requires is betraying his new husband.


My Review: I love dragons, I love magical fantasy and I love great characters. Luckily for me this book delivered all of them to me all wrapped up in a tale of intrigue and betrayals that was full of romantic love and a promise of more to come in the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.