-->

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

3 down 4.5 to go in reading challenge

Yes 4.5 because I am already half way through my 4th book (it's Mercedes Lackey so what can one expect).

So anyway book 3 took little time as I had 700+ audio files to transcribe! Plus I've been finishing off a birthday gift for my daughter's MIL and making the daughter a rainbow hearts afghan whilst listening to more audio books.

First an update on the audio books and then the review of book 3 in the challenge :D

Audiobook: Echoes Of Honor: Honor Harrington, Book 8 by David Weber Narrated by Allyson Johnson Narration 5 Story 5

Audiobook: Ashes Of Victory: Honor Harrington, Book 9 by David Weber Narrated by Allyson Johnson Narration 5 Story 5

Audiobook: Tooth and Nail by Mary Calmes Narrated by Andrew Schwartz Narration 3 Story 4

Audiobook: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold Narrated by Grover Gardner Narration 4 Story 4




The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks #8) by Jennifer Rardin 5*

BLURB: I have two choices. Carve Brude's name into Hell's bile-encrusted gates. Or lose my soul.
After an assassination attempt on Vayl, I find myself pulled into a tangled web that takes the gang to Romania. So how will I save a ghost, rescue a demon, and cheat the Great Taker out of a soul he's slavering for while defeating my nastiest foe yet so that Vayl can, at last, cherish a few precious years with his sons? With careful planning, major violence, and one (hopefully) final trip to Hell.


My Review: This was the final book in the Jaz Parks book and was published posthumously, so unfortunately we will never again read anything in this vein by the author. This is a great pity because this book confirmed my opinion that Jennifer had a rare and wonderful talent. She takes you on an exhausting but exhilarating ride through the very bowels of hell and makes you enjoy it, all the while making you squirm at the ickyness and laugh at the humour. She brings the story of Jaz and Vayl to a soul satisfying conclusion without ever losing the grittiness of the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.