-->

Saturday, May 03, 2014

First book read in a May challenge

I decided to join a challenge on Goodreads for May and this is the first of eight books I will be reading for it.


Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks #7) by Jennifer Rardin 4*
BLURB: Jaz. Is. Pissed. She and Vayl had been operating like a couple of finely carved gears…until now. Just as they’re arriving in Morocco to secure an ancient artifact that must carve the name of Jaz’s possessor into the gates of hell if he’s to be vanquished, Vayl wakes up calling Jaz by another woman’s name. And it’s not even a good one. But since any form of argument transforms Vayl into an unholy terror, Jaz is forced to play along until she and the gang can figure out what kind of power has so vastly altered his perceptions.

My Review: It was great to finally get around to reading this (having read all the previous ones from the local library who ony had the first six) and I loved that as soon as I started reading I was immersed into the whole world of Jaz Parks.
The action was just as intense as I remembered it being from the first six and, to add to Jaz's already numerous problems, her boyfriend/boss thinks he's living in a past time and no longer recognises any of the group as who they really are. They have to continue with their mission whilst trying to help him recover his memory and this is both amusing and heart rending in turns.
All I can add to this without giving away spoilers is that I am glad I read it and I will be reading the last book sooon.

Also want to say that readers were deprived of a wonderful author when Jennifer died as I believe she would have written some really great stories if this series is anything to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.