-->

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I think romances are too easy to read

I have finished yet another book from my challenge and, as that was another quick read, I have switched to catching up on the m/m group's Love's Landscapes Stories and a nice reread of Wolf's Dawn instead.

Black Planet: Little Dragon by Belinda McBride 4*
BLURB: Following a devastating injury, Detective Rose "Little Dragon" Lee takes a courier job to make payments on her ship. The job was easy...safe...until her ship is captured by the dangerous, war-like Nephris. Nephris Commander Arad Soheil immediately recognizes his captive as the one person his government would most like to capture and terminate. Arad immediately files a property claim on the dangerous female, making her part of his household. Rose means more to him than a warm body in his bed or a vessel for his children. She holds the key to his freedom and his sanity, to his very life. Because Arad Soheil is not what he seems, and his time is running out.

My Review: I liked this short story and it was an f/m, so obviously I wasn't in that much of a rut with my romance reading as I thought. One of my favourite things was the mentions of Bruce Lee as he was a favourite martial arts hero of mine in my day. As for the actual story I think Rose was a kick-ass heroine with a soft heart and Arad's truth was a surprise to me and it helped make the story for me. So I am not going to say anything else as it will mean spoilers but I will say if you like Belinda McBride's style of writing and haven't read this one yet go and get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.