-->

Sunday, September 14, 2014

A post by Sue Brown about Falling For Ramos

Yesterday I announced that the wonderful Sue Brown wanted to post on my blog about her book Falling For Ramos. Well here it is. . . . enjoy and, if the funds permit, buy the book - I will be!

Falling for Ramos is based on a real life love story spanning half the globe. Although only the bare bones of the story are based on the real couple, somehow it made it easier to write. I gave these two guys the happy ever after that I wanted them to have, that they should have had. Of course I put them through hell first. That goes without saying. This is a Sue Brown story after all. They can’t go from A to B without going via Q, J and W.
I’m trying to write a story set in Texas in 1954. Now you would think it’s not that long away and information would be easy to find. The thing is it’s pre-internet and just post-war. The little details, like what pain meds are available and where would I get them, are not that easy to find. In Falling for Ramos, it’s set in three time periods and based in London, and I’ve lived through them all. Also, most of it is on Google. It’s the little details that can hold up writing a story.
I can see why people say write what you know. Except that being a middle-aged woman bringing up a family and dogs is not my idea of interesting. How about a middle-aged guy with a daughter, and a dog that dies and… oh yes, I’ve already done that.

Buylinks for Falling for Ramos: Dreamspinner Press; Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk

BLURB:
A glimpse of a group of businessmen in a newspaper tells Colin Hess his old love, Alejandro Ramos, is back in London a decade after they split up.
They met by chance as students, when Colin was pushed into Ramos’s lap at a party. Despite the disapproval from Ramos’s parents, Colin and Ramos were inseparable from that moment and settled in their own place as soon as they finished university.
But when Ramos’s father fell ill, Ramos was forced to return to the family vineyard, leaving Colin behind. When Colin joined him for a holiday, the plans Ramos’s parents had for their son became painfully clear—and those plans did not involve Colin.
Colin knows it would be stupid to rekindle their old love after the devastating end to their relationship. Still, neither can deny that they still have feelings for each other from the minute they meet, and Colin learns the meeting might not be as random as it seemed.

Sue’s bio:
Sue Brown is owned by her dog and two children. When she isn't following their orders, she can be found plotting at her laptop. In fact she hides so she can plot and has got expert at ignoring the orders.

Sue discovered M/M erotica at the time she woke up to find two men kissing on her favorite television series. The series was boring; the kissing was not. She may be late to the party, but she's made up for it since, writing fan fiction until she was brave enough to venture out into the world of original fiction.
Sue’s internet links:
Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Pintrest
Goodreads Page
mailto: suebrown.stories@gmail.com

Excerpt:

He sighed and curled up with the newspaper.
“Why did you have to come, Andro?” Colin used his private pet name for Ramos. “I’ve tried so hard to forget you. Why did you have to come back now?”
His mobile phone buzzed on the coffee table, and he answered without checking the caller ID
“Yeah?”
“He’s here. Ramos is here,” Lil, his younger sister, said.
“I know.”
“How? Did he call you too?”
“Uh, no. I saw his picture in the paper. Wait, you mean you’ve spoken to him?”
“Well, yes. He called fifteen minutes ago asking where you were. He didn’t know if you were in the country or not.”
The breath caught in Colin’s throat. “He asked about me?”
“Duh, doofus, he’s not going to be interested in me, is he? Of course he asked about you.”
“What did you tell him?”
“I told him you were off shagging Chelsea football team. What did you think I told him?”
“Did you give him my number?”
“I told him I needed to talk to you first. I didn’t know how you’d feel about talking to Ramos again after he destroyed your life.”
“It wasn’t as bad as that,” Colin scoffed.
“Colin, you didn’t get out of bed for three months after you came home. I had to hose you down and force you to eat. My kids were scared of the yeti in our spare room.”
“Was I really that bad?” He didn’t really need to ask the question.
“Worse!” Lil’s voice softened. “I was scared my big brother was going to die of a broken heart.”
“I’m sorry I scared you, li’l sis.”
“You did scare me, and I don’t want to see you like that again.”
“I’m all right. It’s not like it was before. I’m over him now.”
“Uh-huh.”
Damn his sister. She could put so much feeling into two syllables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.