Follow your heart, but don't leave your brain behind.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

The trouble with reading good books

is that afterwards it's hard to find something to hold your interest. So since my last update I have read a bunch of short stories one of which was a read for honest review.

Spooky Ginger Love by Kendall Morgan 3*
BLURB: Keith Norwood, a handsome African-American gay bear, came to Camp You-Mee's Bears Haunted Halloween Boo-Nanza Extravaganza for some cheesy holiday thrills and a little ass. A fan of the one-night stand, he thought all he wanted was to get laid. The camp’s cute assistant manager with a fantastic butt was Keith’s first choice.
Instead, he loses his way in the haunted woods. He finds his way and himself with the help of Ronnie Gans, a big, friendly, hairy redhead, who is unlike any one-night stand Keith has ever had.


My Review: I received this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
The first thing I have to say about this is that it made a nice change to read a main character who was not a generic white guy. The second is that it will be difficult to give a full review without adding spoilers and as most of you know I hate spoilers. So the book. . it was a nice and easy read with a lovely little twist. I could have wished for a longer story (that is in fact the reason for only 3*s)and wish the author had given more depth to the relationship that Keith had with Ronnie. In my opinion that would have made more sense to the ending, but I am a little biased as it would have given me a longer story to read if she had :D Let's just say if you want to read a short m/m story about a cute Bear and his spooky weekend then buy this book.

Ratings for the other shorts I've read since my last update:

Sugar-free Beta (Wolves of New Haven, #1) by Angelique Voisen 3*
Vegan-licious Omega (Wolves of New Haven, #2) by Angelique Voisen 3*
Lukas's Omega by Alice Cain 3*
The Omega Prince by Lia Cooper 3*
On Dragon's Wing by Pelaam 3*
Alpha's Moon (The Half Breed Chronicles, #1) by Shannon West 3*7
Captive Hearts (The Half Breed Chronicles #2) by Shannon West 3*
The Alpha and the Outcast by Cheryl Dragon 3*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.