-->

Friday, November 28, 2014

BOOK ONE IN A BRAND NEW SERIES . . .

by Nebula and Hugo Award Winner Catherine Asaro set in the world of her Skolian Empire universe.
Undercity (Major Baahjan #1) by Catherine Asaro 5*
BLURB: In the galaxy-spanning future, Major Bhaajan is a tough female P.I. who works the dangerous streets of Undercity.
Major Bhaajan, a former military officer with Imperial Space Command, is now a hard-bitten P.I. with a load of baggage to deal with, and clients with woes sometimes personal, sometimes galaxy-shattering, and sometimes both. Bhaajan must sift through the shadows of dark and dangerous Undercity—the enormous capital of a vast star empire—to find answers.


My Review:Complimentary Review Copy Provided by Publisher Through NetGalley I've been a fan of Catherine Asaro ever since I first read her book Catch the Lightning . Since then (almost 19 years ago!) I have read many of her Skolian Empire books, not always in order but, just like this new one, it didn't matter. Ms Asaro has the knack of giving you all the information you need in each book without boring old readers or swamping new ones with facts. One of the first things I noticed about this eARC was the cover and for once the cover matches the insides and the heroine really is as formidable as the picture shows. So what can I say about the story that won't give away spoilers? Well it's science fiction, well blended with a thriller and a psychic action story. The story is about two very different societies in the one city, where the top city dwellers know next to nothing about the Undercity ones, and this story tells how they end up interacting through the actions of the heroine. As it says that this is the first in a new series I can promise you I will be anxiously awaiting book two. Meanwhile can I just say if you like a well written book that deals with characters and plot in equal measure then you won't go far wrong buying this one when it comes out 2nd December 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.