-->

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Review of Silk by Chris Karlsen

Silk (The Bloodstone Series Book 1) by Chris Karlsen 3*
BLURB: London-Fall, 1888
The city is in a panic as Jack the Ripper continues his murderous spree. While the Whitechapel police struggle to find him, Detective Inspector Rudyard Bloodstone and his partner are working feverishly to find their own serial killer. The British Museum's beautiful gardens have become a killing ground for young women strangled as they stroll through.
Their investigation has them brushing up against Viscount Everhard, a powerful member of the House of Lords, and a friend to Queen Victoria. When the circumstantial evidence points to him as a suspect, Rudyard must deal with the political blowback, and knows if they are going to go after the viscount, they'd better be right and have proof.
As the body count grows and the public clamour for the detectives to do more, inter-department rivalries complicate the already difficult case.

My Review: Review Copy provided by Author in return for honest review I don't really read a lot of serial killer stuff but the blurb was so different to the normal kind of mystery story that I was intrigued, especially by the front cover tag: What would you do to stay young: Lie, Manipulate..kill?. I am afraid that my lack of enjoyment in murder mysteries might have had a lot to do with the fact that even though I really loved Rudyard as a character I just couldn't stay interested in the story. Though it could also have been the fact that I have been hooked on an Sci-fi audio series and can't get into anything else. I will say that Chris has a way with words that kept me reading even when I wasn't that invested in the book and if you want to read a mystery/suspense that is intense, hard hitting, has a light romantic touch and is generally well written then go and get this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.