-->

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Quick review


Kilt in Space (Space Grit #1.2)by Ella Drake 4*
BLURB: A shy monster accidently scares the ship engineer. Not exactly the way he wanted to catch her attention.
***
Ursula is no stranger to big, snarly aliens. Heart-sister and ship engineer for her brothers, the Scoriah, she's used to claws, fangs, and vicious fighting. On board their new spacefaring cargo hauler, they find everything they need: Smuggling holes, plenty of room, and a brand new engine Ursula can't wait to get to know. But they find something extra on board. A monster that frightens even the intrepid Ursula.
Left by the previous crew, Grendel wants nothing more than to escape the monsters who've taken over his ship. Remaining hidden isn't an option for Grendel when the intriguing new engineer misses a crucial problem with the internal systems. Now, it's find a way to approach Ursula or they're all going to die.
Kilt in Space is a science fiction romance novella in the Space Grit series. Reading in order is recommended but the story can be read stand-alone

My Review: Complimentary Review Copy Provided by Author. Last week I gave my opinion on the first in this newest series by Ella Drake. This one (as the blurb states) can be read as a stand alone but I think to get the most out if it reading the first one is a must. Again the story was well written and the characters enjoyable and I would love to give lots of reasons why I liked the story so much but I don't want to give spoilers. Suffice to say if you do read Black Ice Heart and want ot see what Ursula and Scoriah get up to next then read this one when it comes out in October. One last comment especially for Ella "I love the kilt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.