-->

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Review of Dragonfriend by Marc Secchia

Dragonfriend (Dragonfriend #1) by Marc Secchia 4*
BLURB: Stabbed. Burned by a dragon. Abandoned for the windrocs to pick over. The traitor Ra’aba tried to silence Hualiama forever. But he reckoned without the strength of a dragonet’s paw, and the courage of a girl who refused to die.
Only an extraordinary friendship will save Hualiama’s beloved kingdom of Fra’anior and restore the King to the Onyx Throne. Flicker, the valiant dragonet. Hualiama, a foundling, adopted into the royal family. The power of a friendship which paid the ultimate price.
This is the tale of Hualiama Dragonfriend, and a love which became legend.


My Review: “I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review”. This book took me a long time to get into (though that might be because I had three books and an audio on the go when I picked it up *ooops*) However it soon dragged me in and I really enjoyed the dialogue style of narration even though it could get quite olde worlde at times and often lacked descriptive narration that might have made it easier to understand what was going on. However olde worlde is good when it helps identify the character of the dragons, with their flowery speech patterns and mannerisms. The heroine was interesting and came across as a survivor, which she needed to be given how she starts out in the book and I really want a Flicker of my own, he was a delightful dragonet who helped make this book so enjoyable. I am really struggling here to find ways of telling you about the story without giving away massive spoilers. I guess I'll just say if you enjoy Dragons (which I do immensely) and if you like fantasy adventures and deep friendships, then this book is for you. In fact my only negative about this story and the reason I only gave it 4* is that it has an unsatisfactory ending for me, but there again it has got a sequel so that might be the reason behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.