-->

Friday, December 18, 2015

Review of Wildness by Mario Kai Lipinski.

Wildness_Lapinski_KJacen
Wildness by Mario Kai Lipinski 4*
BLURB:Dr. Åke Jörgensson is a scientist from Sweden whose invention of almost instant travel to any part of the universe will revolutionize space flight.
Khitain is a N’tari, a panther-like alien serving aboard a human space ship, and Åke’s boyfriend of three months.
On Christmas, they visit Åke’s parents for the first time. As if meeting his in-laws weren’t stressful enough, feelings of inadequacy and fear haunt Khitain. His N’tari descent makes him a killing machine, and one wrong move could wipe out what is dearest to him. Åke, however, has to deal with his family’s ignorance and Khitain’s reluctance to let go of his restraint.
When something terrible happens during their Christmas Morning walk, the situation gets out of hands.
Can love span even light years?


My Review: I was given the book as part of the book tour and for an honest review So I couldn't resist reading this one early (finished it two days ago but waited for the release day to tell every one). At first I thought this was a book two and that I somehow missed the one that tells how the couple meet, but at the same time I was picking up a lot of that back story through the authors clever weaving of those facts into the story. I loved how the differences between the alien and the Earth rituals was highlighted in the reactions of the characters. In some respects I would have loved to read how the couple got together but, reading about an established relationship still going through so many early problems was really good, so in the end I didn't care. I highly recommend this to all readers who enjoyed the authors 300 words in Discovery: QSF's Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest or who like to read about the conflicts between cultures for a new couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.