-->

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Reviewing Haven's Creed by Parker Williams

Haven's Creed by Parker Williams 5*
BLURB: An act of violence destroys his family and ends the life he knows. To escape his haunted past, he joins the military, where, as a sniper, he is trained to kill with precision and detachment. When a covert organization offers him a new purpose, he becomes Haven, an operative devoted to protecting the innocent when he can and avenging them when he cannot.
After ten years of battling the evil in the world, the life no longer holds the attraction or meaning it once had, and he’s ready to walk away. Then he meets Samuel, a young man forced from the age of twelve to work as a sex slave. If ever a man had a need for Haven, it is this one.
Yet nothing about this growing relationship is one-sided. Sammy gives Haven a stability he’s never known, and Haven becomes the rock upon which Sammy knows he can depend.
When Sammy reveals something about the enemy Haven has been hunting for months, Sammy fears it will destroy what they’ve built and he’ll lose his home in Haven’s heart.


My Review:I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review. As if I give any other kind! So I was warned this had a number of really dark and gritty contents (paedophilia, sex slavery, sexual abuse) and I have to admit that I almost didn't bother. Then I remembered that I like to read stuff outside my comfort zone once in a while. I'm glad I did because those subjects were there but not too dominant within the story line. In fact the blurb tells you more about the story that the warnings do. So I read a book with a killer as the hero and Haven truly was a hero in many ways and I really found myself rooting for him even when he got sadistic and things got gory. The other Character Sammy puzzled me at first with how strong he was for Haven given what he had been through, but Parker does an excellent job of the character building and it didn't take me long to understand and fall for Sammy. So I gave this a 5* because it fulfilled my criteria of 'make me cry = 5*' and I hope Parker intends to write a book about Rook, another character that got to me in a big way.

Check back here on 21st for a book tour and an interview with the author. It's well worth the visit I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.