-->

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Bonus Post - An interview with BA Tortuga.

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing BA Tortuga author of Refired

Hi BA, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself, your background, and your current book.

Hey there! I’m the luckiest girl on Earth – I’m married to the woman of my dreams, I’ve got the best job in history and I live in the New Mexico mountains. I’ve been publishing romance novels for… whoa. Many years.
Many.

Refired is the story of recovering alcoholic, Josh McPhee, and Kris Cerny, high-powered businessman and rancher – two former lovers that own a failing Austin art gallery together.

When Kris Cerny walks back into Two Spirits, the art gallery he owns with Josh McPhee, all he wants is a clean break. Austin's booming real estate market means the building he bought years ago is worth a fortune, and with the sale, he and Josh can finally go their separate ways. They won't be reconciling, right? Josh may be sober now, but an addict is always going to be an addict, and Kris can't take that chance again.
Josh isn't willing to sell. Not yet. He's discovered a new artist in Santa Fe he knows will put Two Spirits in the black, and if he can just make a success of the gallery, maybe he can earn Kris's respect, if not recapture his love. He need Kris to give him time for one more buying trip, one more gallery show. Josh wants nothing more than a final chance to make things right. Kris agrees to let Josh have this last ditch effort on one condition-- he wants to go along for the ride. On the way Josh hopes they'll find the next big thing in the art world as well as peace, forgiveness, and a love he thought was lost forever.

Do you have pictures that you use for your characters? Can you share them with us?

I have a Pinterest that I use to create storyboards, but I'm not huge on character pictures. My Pinterest can be found here (beware, I'm a Pinterest whore!) https://www.pinterest.com/batortuga/

What kind of book would you like to write that people would see as a huge departure for you?
Horror. Like crazy surreal Gen-X horror. I may have a lot of it languishing on hard drives…

Have you ever killed a character? Was it traumatic for you? If you have't killed one, would you ever consider it?
I have. I've killed a lot of them and I sobbed.
I still did it, but I sobbed.

Favorite location you've ever written about?
Oh, man… Glenwood Springs? No, wait. Santa Fe. Or Aspen. Rome. OMG.

What’s your favorite season and favorite activity for that season?
I love springtime best of all. I love to garden – to put my garden in, my roses, start the seven month puttering in my yard and making things grow.

Thank you so much BA. It was very nice to meet you and I (for one) look forward to you writing many, many more books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.