-->

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Christa Tomlinson agrees to be Interviewed.

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Christa Tomlinson author of The Detective’s Pleasure. Hi Christa, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself, your background, and your current book.
Hello! I’m originally from St. Louis, Missouri and I currently live in Houston, Texas. I have two dogs and I’m a retired roller derby player. My background for the romance industry is I’ve been reading romance novels since I was eleven! My big sister let me read hers as long as I promised to skip the “grown up” parts. I always said I would skip them but read them anyway. I was a rebel. My current book is The Detective’s Pleasure. It’s an erotic BDSM romance, featuring men from my fictional version of the Houston Police Department SWAT team. This story is about Officer Ryan Bennett a stubborn and snooty submissive, and Detective Sam Roberts the laid-back Dom who isn’t afraid to take Ryan on.

Please describe your book to us.
The Detective’s Pleasure tells the story of Officer Ryan Bennett, a headstrong submissive and Detective Sam Roberts, a Dom who’s up for the challenge of bringing Ryan under his control. These two characters first appeared in The Sergeant, Book I in the Cuffs, Collars, and Love series. Ryan was a bit of a villain, so in The Detective’s Pleasure, we learn a little bit more about what makes him tick.

Tell us about your character’s family life?
Sam is very close to his family. He sees his sister on a regular basis and they hang out working on her projects. His parents live in Galveston, but he gets down there as much as possible to spend time with them. They’re a very loving family. Ryan isn’t as close with his family. They love each other, but aren’t very demonstrative. Ryan is an only child, but he gets home to his parents’ house for the holidays.

Compare yourself to your main character.
Hmmm… I think I’m very different from Ryan. I think the only thing we have in common is ocassionally coming down with a case of foot in mouth disease. Ryan is a neat freak, and I definitely am not!  I’m a happy goof, he’s very uptight.

Describe your past week as a type of landscape or a weather forecast.
Well if we’re gonna look back at the Christa forecast, we’ll see a pattern of heavy thunderstorms, peppered with a few spots of bright sunshine. It was best to carry a hoodie, an umbrella and a pair of flip flops to be prepared for whatever the week’s weather threw at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.