-->

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Short interview with one of the characters from Trainwreck by Michelle Micheal Rakes

Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Vincent Sweetwater from Trainwreck by Michelle Micheal Rakes. Welcome Vincent, I am glad Michelle let me ask you some impertinent questions.

What do you find attractive in a man?
Power and strength. I want someone I can do battle with, but who can ultimately test my limits.

The first thing that went through your head when you saw Gregory Dunne?
Hmm, I saw him with his partner and thought they were sickeningly in love. They were what my wife would call cute. Greg is powerful. He demands respect, but also gives it when necessary. He has huge hands. The man has been able to manhandle like no other…until Grayson died. Then Greg lost control. I miss him and Grayson. I wished I knew why he pushed me away, or how to fix what went wrong with us. My hope is just fantasy though, I mean, none of my guys in the narcotics unit would accept me for who I am. Greg isn't in the closet and I’m buried so deep, I can’t find my way out with a map and a flashlight. I’m not sure I could find my way around on a guided tour. Greg and Gray tried for years. I guess I’m stubborn. At least that’s what my wife and best friend, Mica, says.

Do you think you’ll insist the author visits you again?
Of course, despite how sadistic the author is…I like being center stage. I like being the sub everyone covets, even if I’m in denial most of the time. I miss Greg and I can’t seem to let him go. He’s living rent free in my head. I gotta find a way to make Mica understand who I am and get Greg to take me back.

Before you met Greg, what was your ideal man?
Before Greg, the only men I’d been with was during foster care…I wouldn’t call them ideal. I’d fallen in love with one. Jack. Unlike the others, he didn’t want me, and told me I was sick and wrong. He gave me back to the state. So, I never allowed myself to give into Greg completely. That may be why Greg pushed me away after Gray died. I just don’t know because he won’t talk to me. 

You’re going out for dinner. What’s your favorite food?
Staying in and ordering Chinese food was my favorite…but I really don’t have much of an appetite since my daughter died. I-I don’t like to talk about this too much. It’s been nearly three years and I don’t like pouring my emotions out here. I’d much rather Greg take the single tail to my back side. It helped when Grey died, but Greg seems so far away from me right now.

Thank you, Vincent and Michelle, for your indulgence and I hope everyone will go and buy Trainwreck to enjoy your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.