-->

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Review of Angel of 13th Street by Eden Winters.


The Angel of 13th Street (The Angel of 13th Street 1)

The Angel of 13th Street (The Angel of 13th Street #1) by Eden Winters. 4*

BLURB: Noah Everett shed his rent boy existence for a bar and helping young men get a second chance at life. Haunted by those he couldn’t save, he keeps others at bay until his self-imposed loneliness is shattered by ambitious but homeless Jeremy Kincaid.
Aged out of the foster system, Jeremy’s the perfect target for a ruthless pimp like Willie Carnell. He wants no part of any future that includes working for Willie, but without a strong ally, he may not have a choice.
Noah knows exactly what Willie’s capable of, and if he’ll fight for strangers, he’ll fight harder for Jeremy.
Even if it takes confronting his own past.
 


My Review: I received a free copy in return for an honest review. I wonder if Eden Winters personally knows what it's like to be an object to be bought and sold? If not then it makes her amazing insights into the psyche of this kind of victim even more remarkable. Especially the way the trauma and impact of that kind of life stays with a person even when they break free and return to 'normal' society.

Noah and Jeremy sucked me in and kept me glued to the pages. Even the secondary characters like the pimp and the bullies shone off the page. I loved the way the gritty realism of Eden's prose gave this story so much depth for me to wallow in.  I can't wait to see what the others in this series will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.