-->

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Belated Distant Swimmer review

Before I do anything else I must apologize yet again for not reviewing this book after the post last Friday. Unfortunately I have been busy with my Bespoke Crochet 4 U shop and didn't read as much as I usually do. So now on to my review :D

Distant Swimmer by Jacob Cheyenne 4*
BLURB: Shy and scholarly, long-distance swimmer Ryan Zwick thinks he’s the only gay member of the college swim team. He keeps his head down in the showers, and his head in the books the rest of the time.

But when a sporty new transfer student joins the team, Ryan feels a surge of hope. Sexually inexperienced and looking for love, fellow swimmer Blake Gossens is everything Ryan wants in a boyfriend. But what is Blake’s game, exactly? And just how straight is he?

Blake seems to be more interested in Ryan’s best friend, Marissa, leaving Ryan to go back to secretly checking out his teammates in the pool. But Ryan keeps getting mysterious messages in his dating app from a stranger who seems to know a lot about him. Could this messenger be Blake? Or someone else?

When bad weather hits unexpectedly, Ryan is forced to confront his real feelings toward Blake, while opening up to the stranger by his side, eventually giving in to his wildest fantasies -- and his heart.

My Review: I received a copy from Signal Boost Promotion for reviewing purposes This was a lovely story about a young man who is looking to find himself a boyfriend. The author gives you a wonderful insight into the thinking of the main character, and I really loved the bit about him swimming the 1600 and what went through his mind at that time. He was an easy character to like and his frustrations and expectations are well written, which is good as the book is told from his POV. I would recommend this to anyone who likes reading about the pitfalls and highs of starting a relationship whilst dealing with collage, being part of the swim team, and teenage hormones. The author does a good job of making it all seem brand new.
n.b. Go to my other post here to find links to lots of blogs with other people's views on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.