-->

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Reviewing Fangs Like Me by Lyssa Dering

Fangs Like Me by Lyssa Dering 1*
BLURB: Lane, a newborn vampire, still feels the pain of betrayal. Two years ago, a faithless boyfriend took his life, and now, Lane’s Maker has also left him behind. The pain of separation burns strong when all Lane wants are arms to hold him and enough warm blood to satisfy his voracious appetite. At a shifter party, Lane is drawn to a hunky Alpha werewolf who tries to console him.
Parker is more than a thoughtless hookup. Since his family disowned him for finding boys just as hot as girls, all he wants is someone to love and look after. The sweet little vamp calls to his protective instincts, but he sure is jumpy. Cuddling with boys is new and delicious, but when this boy also wants him as a food source, things get complicated.
Vampires and shifters aren’t supposed to get along, and Parker’s rough dominance triggers bad memories for Lane. But Parker’s wolf wants Lane, and he knows he can give Lane what he needs. Can Lane learn to navigate his past and give the thing growing between them a chance? Or will the very real possibilities of heartache, abandonment, and even death, keep them apart?


My Review:I was gifted a copy for reviewing purposes. I had high hopes for this after reading the blurb but what can I say? Well I finished it at any rate is about the best thing I can say for it. I got about half way through and both characters started grating on my nerves and I really struggled to finish it. Without spoilers I can't tell you what icked me out most about the sex scenes but let's just say it didn't help my growing dissatisfaction with the story. I honestly can't think of who I'd recommend this to so I'll just leave it at "I was very disappointed the book didn't live up to it's promise".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.