-->

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

A rare DNF review - Trans Liberty Riot Brigade by L.M. Peirce

Trans Liberty Riot Brigade (Brigade, #1) by L.M. Pierce DNF
BLURB: How do you fight for who you are, when the government controls what you are?
Andi knows being born an intersex "Transgressor" and then choosing to stay that way, can have lethal consequences. After all, surgical assignment is mandated by law. But she ain’t going to spend her life hiding from the Society, hooked on Flow, and wanking tourists just to make a few bucks. She's a member of the Trans Liberty Riot Brigade, an underground faction of Transgressors resisting the government’s war on their illegal genitalia.
But it’s not enough to tag their messages on shithouse walls and sniff down the next high. The government has found their headquarters, decimated their ranks, and they’re crushing the resistance. Though Andi might be nothing but a junktard, she embarks on a desperate dash to stay alive and send a call for help before they’re all killed—or worse, surgically assigned.
gade leader Elenbar, must get beyond the communications block preventing all radio transmission, which means crossing the seaboard Wall barricading the United Free States borders. It’s designed to keep enemies out and the citizens in, but amid increasing earthquakes and deadly pursuit, Andi will discover there’s a far more dangerous secret hidden deep within the Wall itself.


My Review: I received an ARC to review. I really thought I'd enjoy this story, because the blurb made it sound so interesting, and that cover was so unique and beautiful. Unfortunately I just couldn't get in to it at all. I didn't like the characters or the way they behaved and I kept getting distracted and thrown out of the story by the slang/dialect the characters used. However, as I am in the minority in this opinion, don't let it put you off trying it for yourself. It just wasn't my cup of tea when all is said and done. I will give the author another try in the future, but only if it isn't in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.