-->

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Audiobook Review of 'Tis The Season by Alex Jane & Michael Fell.

'Tis the Season by Alex Jane Narrated by Michael Fell 1*
BLURB: Aaron has spent the past 10 months alone. When he meets a sad, yet strangely familiar man on a cold Halloween night, he impulsively invites him home. But the intimate connection they share lasts only until morning. Aaron wakes up alone - wracked with guilt and devastated to have lost his chance. Or so he thinks.
Thanksgiving brings Aaron another shot at happiness, but letting go of an old love and accepting a new one isn't as easy as everyone keeps telling him. And by the time Christmas Eve rolls around, it becomes clear that Aaron's not the only one struggling to let himself love again.
Christmas miracles are all well and good, but it's going to take more than the Holiday Spirit for Aaron to get his happy ever after.
A story of grief, sadness, and letting it go; and finding love when you least expect it.


My Review:“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.” I'm not sure why I didn't like the story but if it hadn't been the fact that I enjoyed listening to Michael Fell's voice this would have been a DNF. As it is, I honestly feel that the story could have been so much better. To me the characters were not fleshed out much (especially Dylan), and the story seemed a little hesitant and not at all fluid so as to keep me involved. I did manage to get to the end and even that felt like a big let down. I won't recommend this as I feel I can't honestly say who would enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.