-->

Friday, October 12, 2018

Review of Professor Adorkable by Edie Danford

Professor Adorkable (Domesticated Inc #1) by Edie Danford 2*
BLURB: What happens when a star-gazing professor falls for his hot young housekeeper? One heck of an earthy explosion…
Professor Marek Janos's genius at analyzing stellar explosions doesn't apply to his own disordered world. Forgetting to eat, sleep, and leave his lab has triggered some epic personal disasters. When his family insists he hire live-in help, he discovers home life has awesome benefits. His new housekeeper's smile sparks more energy than a supernova. And the way he moves? It rocks Marek's galaxy.
Pete Schulz took a tough fall from his high-flying life in Hollywood. But how does a guy whose best skill is getting dirty clean up his act? His new gig with Domesticated Inc seems like a great first step. Keeping house for a nerdy young astrophysics professor is exactly the low-key, no-chance-for-trouble job he needs, right?
Living together is surprisingly easy for both men. And fun. And more than a little hot. It's when they're faced with the idea of living apart that the truly messy work begins…
This is a 90,000 word stand-alone novel with two quirky heroes--one who actually likes to vacuum, and one who enjoys studying Weakly Compressible Homogeneous Isoptropic Turbulences.


My Review: I received an ARC in exchange for n honest review. I expected to enjoy this book as I love characters that are adorably dorkish but somehow this one fell flat for me. The relationship seemed to start in the middle as both men were already good friends and fancied each other. This left me feeling like I'd missed something. Then there was the way they end up living apart. Keeping this spoiler free I'll just say I didn't feel that it should have happened the way it was written. It spoiled what was until then an okay story and turned it to a I'll struggle to finish it one.
I'm sure fans of the author will enjoy the book, but I'm not likely to try any others by her as I really wasn't a fan of this one and the only other book I've read of her's was only a three star read.


Edited To Add:  My apologies to both the author and my readers if this review seems a little nasty but I have been feeling a little bit melancholy as it was the 5 year anniversary of losing my husband yesterday and this might have had some bearing on my opinion of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.