-->

Monday, March 11, 2019

Meeting J.S. Strange - author of Murder On The Rocks.

Today I am please to welcome fellow Wales resident J.S. Strange to my blog where I interrogate interview him about his writings and his latest release.

Tell me a little bit about you.

My name is Jack Strange, but I write under the pen name J.S. Strange. I’m currently writing a murder mystery series, titled Murder on the Rocks. I live in Wales, and I work for a leading broadcasting company as an editor. My publisher is Panther Publishing.

What is your writing set up like?

I do have a writing room, but at the moment the heating is broke, so I’ve been writing in a different room. My writing room has a desk facing a small window, so I have a bit of a view, and my laptop goes on that desk. There’s a book case in there, and sometimes my cat gets in, but normally I keep them out, otherwise they end up distracting me.

Tell me about your new novel, Murder on the Rocks.

Murder on the Rocks is the first in the Jordan Jenner Mysteries series. It features Jordan Jenner, a leading gay male private investigator. He has returned to work following the death of his mother. His first case involves a murdered writer in a prestigious writing group. As Jordan investigates, he learns his mother’s death is related. There’s also a bit of a romantic element between Jordan and his colleague, Lloyd. I’m planning to explore that in later novels.

What was the importance of writing a gay male lead?

There are lots of novels out there with gay leads, which is great. However, as an avid reader of crime and mystery, I was struggling personally to come across a gay lead. They’re out there, but I wanted to help improve that, and write my own. First, this series started out with a female lead, but then I knew it had to be male, and he had to be gay. However, his sexuality isn’t the biggest plot. Jordan is solving a crime and just happens to be gay.

What do you hope for the Jordan Jenner Mysteries series?

It’s scary to be writing a new series, but I’m excited because I feel like this has a lot of potential. I hope that as I write more novels, more people become aware of it, and more people read them. I really do think there’s room for a new series, both based in Wales and with a gay lead. But it all relies on people knowing about it and picking up a copy and spreading the word. I’ve just finished writing the second novel, so I hope to bring that out later this year.

Thank you Jack for joining me here today. I've enjoyed meeting you and learning more about you and your book.
For those of you who now want to interact with Jack or buy his book the information you need is here:

Murder on the Rocks is available at: mybook.to/MOTR

Website: www.jacksamstrange.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.