-->

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Reviewing Unleash by Lauren Harris

Unleash (Spellhounds #1) by Lauren Harris 4*
BLURB: Helena Martin doesn't know who she hates more, the sorcerers who fired the magic-laced bullet or the gang-lord master who used her mother as a shield. It's not the price she expected for escaping magical slavery, nor is the unstable power now pulsing in her veins.
Caught between her former master's hunters and the Guild Sorcerers determined to kill them, she finds a safe haven at a dog rescue willing to take in a different kind of stray. But Helena's newly-unleashed power is a beacon for her enemies. And they're threatening the first place she's ever thought of as home.


My Review: How did I end up leaving this on my TBR pile? It's been there for a few years and I regret not reading it sooner. It's full of dark and gritty action with a heroine that kicks butt, and to top it off there's magic and romance too. The blurb gives all the essentials about the story and, as I hate spoilers (giving them or reading them), I will refrain from telling you any more than what is there. What I will tell you is that the world building is excellent and the magic has a solid foundation that makes sense. The characters all have a lot of depth to them, including a fair few of the secondary ones. I am definitely interested in reading more about Helena and her gang so will be adding book 2 to my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.