-->

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Reviewing Metal Chest by Chris Yee

Metal Chest by Chris Yee 3*

BLURB: A timid robot. A human scavenger. To survive the war-ravaged landscape, two enemies must work together. Household robot Silas is in serious need of a safe haven. After the brutal war that pitted man against machine ended with no clear winner, he’s left scavenging the ruined streets and avoiding deadly marauders. To secure supplies and reunite with the rest of his kind, Silas better find a partner… 
Deacon trusts no one in a devastated world. After the death of his family left him hollow, he never expected a hapless robot to stir his sympathy. Against his better judgment, he guides the mechanoid on its journey home despite the distinct possibility of a deadly betrayal… 
As they navigate a post-apocalyptic wasteland, will Silas and Deacon’s truce hold or will their team-up end in oil and blood? Metal Chest is a standalone post-apocalyptic sci-fi novel. If you like gritty tension, futuristic wastelands, and snappy dialogue, then you’ll love Chris Yee’s thought-provoking tale.

My Review: I liked the blurb on this one as it sounded a little different from the usual post apocalypse type stories and because this was a new to me author. I'm glad I took the chance as I really enjoyed it and will be looking for other books by them. The characters were well written and I really liked the interaction between Silas and Deacon, I also liked the way they both grew as people throughout the story. I especially enjoyed all the little cowboy film references, because I'm a bit of a nut about cowboy films. Overall I would say that if you want to read a post apocalypse story with some good action, personal growth, and a happy(ish) end then go get this one and give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.