-->

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

I've been lucky with my reading

Captive Prince Volume One by S U Pacat 5*
BLURB:Damen is a warrior hero to his people, and the rightful heir to the throne of Akielos, but when his half brother seizes power, Damen is captured, stripped of his identity, and sent to serve the prince of an enemy nation as a pleasure slave.
Beautiful, manipulative and deadly, his new master Prince Laurent epitomizes the worst of the court at Vere. But in the lethal political web of the Verethian court, nothing is at it seems, and when Damen finds himself caught up in a play for the throne, he must work together with Laurent to survive and save his country.
For Damen, there is just one rule: never, ever reveal his true identity. Because the one man Damen needs is the one man who has more reasons to hate him than anyone else.

My Review: This was an online read that has since been released as an ebook. It is a good read that is a part one so has an open ending that is not a cliff hanger. I was captivated by the characters and storyline. Even the world building was so good I felt I was there with them.

Captive Prince Volume Two by S U Pacat
5*
BLURB:With their countries on the brink of war, Damen and his new master Prince Laurent must exchange the intrigues of the palace for the sweeping might of the battlefield as they travel to the border to avert a lethal plot.
Forced to hide his identity, Damen finds himself drawn to the dangerous, charismatic Laurent. But as the fledgeling trust between the two men deepens, the truth of secrets from both their pasts is poised to deal them the crowning death blow

My Review:I found out that this was again an open ending that didn't actually leave me feeling as if I was in a cliff hanger situation. Again the characters and storyline sparkled and kept me intrigued to the very last word.

Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs
5*
BLURB:Shapeshifter Mercy Thompson's life is calming down, at least enough that she can focus on mundane matters like Black Friday sales. But on her return, Mercy is unable to contact her mate, Alpha Adam Hauptman, or the other members of their pack. All she knows is that Adam is angry and in pain. With the werewolves fighting a political battle to gain acceptance from the public, Mercy fears Adam's disappearance may be related - and that he and the pack are in serious danger. Outclassed and on her own, Mercy may be forced to seek assistance from the most unlikely of allies: the vampire seethe.
My Review: To quote Charlaine Harris from the front cover "I love these books". If Urban Fantasy comes any better than this I want to know who I should add to my autobuy list! Patricia Briggs drags you so deep into her characters lives it is a physical wrench to reach the end of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.