-->

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Today Lisa Oliver joins me on my blog and allows me to do a short interview.

Welcome to my blog Lisa.

Are any of your characters inspired by people you know in your life? How and in what aspects?

Yes and no, and believe me I am not trying to be difficult. One of the key things about a woman writing in the M/M genre is having the characters act and sound like men, so when I am thinking about how my characters react to a certain situation, I often think about what my sons, or my exes might have done.  But my inspiration for my characters comes initially from pictures of models that I find on the internet, and then I just let them talk in my head.

Are there any issues that resonate personally with you that you touch on in your writing?

In every one of my books there is some issue or other that I have dealt with personally in my life. I think it would be impossible for an author not to leave some element of self in his or her work. A lot of the issues I have written about, such as coping with abuse, PTSD and being alienated because of difference, all stem from personal experience.

Was it always your dream to become a writer?

I dreamed about it, but never thought I could do it. I always thought authors were some mystical beings that were above the rest of us. Lol. Now I know they put their pants on the same way I do, and the dream became a reality.

If you could become one of your characters who would you become and why?

I have always wanted to make my living as an artist, so in one respect I would love to be Caden. But, in one of my other series, I have Shawn, Alpha Mate of the Cloverleah pack, has more magic in his fingertips than most of us have hair, and he rides a motorbike. I would love to be him.

Which of your characters would you like to spend a week on a desert island with ?

I am greedy – I have twenty books out now, all with two hunky main characters in them – that is forty men, so I would want all of them there with me.  They would be great company, and it would be fun to sit and listen to them ranting about how they didn’t like “such and such” that I had them doing in their story.


Thak you so much for having joined me today Lisa. I wish you every success with your writing career, I for one will continue getting your books to read :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.