-->

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Some very quick reads

During reading the last book (Protocol 7) I read a lot of very short stories - mostly because the book kept bogging me down and I needed a break from it! So anyway, I decided that just because they were very short didn't mean they didn't deserve a review so here they are:

Gay Bondage Sex Stories: My Sex Slave Surprise by Ricky Valentine 3*
BLURB: Neil's birthday takes a turn for the better when he is surprised by his friends who offer him a hunky young sex slave for the day. Nothing is off limits and Neil is free to indulge in his wildest desires on his special day...
Warning: This book contains gay sex scenes including themes such as Bondage, BDSM, Domination, Submission and much more. Mature Audiences Only.

My Review: This read more like a chapter from a longer story but I must admit it lived up to it's warning!

The Lady Submits (Erotic Romance Novelette)by Chloe Cox 3*
BLURB: Sometimes a highborn Lady needs to be brought low...
It's the decadent, raunchy holiday of Bacchanal, and the Lady Lucrezia Grimaldi cannot find a man to satisfy her. Worse, she's been saddled with the brutish Carlo Castellan as her bodyguard for the last night of Bacchanal. There's only one thing to do: escape to the fabled House of the Severille...
The imperious Lady Lucrezia expects to sate herself by dominating some poor house slave. What she gets instead is the harsh touch of a Severille Master who will stop at nothing to make the Lady submit.

My Review: I got exactly what I expected with this one. A hot, slightly decandent but sweetly romantic read.If other books by this author are longer, I might get them, as she writes well.

Gino's Shamrock by Eve Tesoro (Silver Shorts 2013, March)
BLURB: Welcome to the Silver Shorts! Every month, we will be giving the Silver Publishing authors a prompt or eight to play with and one month to submit flash fiction and short stories to be offered as free reads to our customers.This month's themes are:
St. Patrick's Day/Irish
Fairies/Leprechauns/Fantasy
Silk Panties and Razor Stubble
Mile High Club
"Comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb..."
"Who knew the stomach flu would..."
"Star light, Star bright, I wish I may..."
"Honey, I don't think....oh wait. You did drink a lot of green beer last night"
This month's anthology includes:
Gino's Shamrock by Eve Tesoro

My Review: Eve Tesoro did a wonderful job of using all the prompts and produced a lovely m/m romance that was most endearing. I am adding this author to my list of writers to look for when looking for a sweet romantic read.


Ada'ma by James Harper
1*
BLURB: Science fiction. One theory holds that long ago, 10,000 years or more, aliens came to earth in search of gold. Through genetic manipulation, they created humans and many other races as slave labor. Then, without explanation, they left. Life was short and cheap, there were no rules or laws, except that all gold went to the Masters, the Ana'naki. One boy, facing the prospect of being condemned to the mines, finds a way to break free.
My Review: Not what I expected - far too religiously influenced for my liking! Rather like reading a fancied up bible story about the Garden Of Eden!

Keeping House (Truth or Dare #1) by Lee Brazil 4*
BLURB: Donovan Holloway, advertising executive, newly made vice president of the company where he's worked for twenty years, grew up in a free love hippie commune, taking care of the parents who should have been taking care of him. He's worked hard to put himself through school and achieve the American dream. All he's ever wanted was a normal family life—house in the suburbs, two cars, two kids, a shaggy dog. A family to come home to—to care for, and to care for him.
Mischa Blake is the green eyed, liberally-pierced, black-haired, Mohawk-wearing spoiled youngest son of a Hollywood producer and his actress wife. Mischa has made a terrible mistake. In a fit of childish pique, he's accepted a dare from his older brothers. The dare? Live on his own, supporting himself completely for a year without accessing his trust fund. No problem. Except Mischa has never worked a day in his life, hasn't finished college, and has absolutely no skills that he can bring to the table.
So when he sees Donovan's ad for a housekeeper/gardener, he has nothing to lose by applying, because really...how hard can it be?

My Review: A fascinating story that was well executed and had some really great characters. I felt that it was a little bit short and would have loved more story but one can't have everything I guess :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.