-->

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Audiobook review of The Half-Assed Wizard by Gary Jonas, Narrated by Joe Hempel.

The Half-Assed Wizard: Volume 1 by Gary Jonas Narrated by Joe Hempel 4*
Blurb: A couple of jerks wake me up at the crack of noon. Seems my klepto uncle stole an ancient deck of Tarot cards from a high-powered wizard, and too many losers want to ruin my day to get them back.
The cards are cool, so I check them out, but my magic-happy cousin, Sabrina, tells me I'm not supposed to touch them. Oops. Too late. Now the damn cards are tuned to me, and if someone else wants to use them, I have to die. Why couldn't she have led with that information?
Magic was never my scene, but my dad is one of the most powerful wizards in the world, so I've got unrealized potential if I ever bother to apply myself. I'd rather power nap, but with wizards, gunslingers, and cannibalistic shark dudes coming at me, that's not gonna happen.
They say I'm a half-assed wizard, but if I don't play my cards right, I'm gonna get my whole ass killed.


My Review: “I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.” Both author and narrator are new to me, but they certainly kept me entertained for four and a half hours with this wonderful Urban Fantasy. The main character was not one that I would normally enjoy at all, but somehow I found myself wanting him to succeed and beat the bad guys. I think that both the writer and the narrator were instumental in making me feel this way, and I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the book half as much as I did, without Joe Hempel bringing Gary Jonas' words to life. I highly recommend both narrator and author to anyone looking for an entertaining, whimsical, and intense Urban Fantasy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.