-->

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Audiobook Review for Warlock for Hire by Sean Stone & Han Hills

Warlock for Hire: Arcane Inc. Book 1 by Sean Stone & narrated by Han Hills
BLURB: Just any warlock. Oh no, I'm a warlock for hire. Need magical assistance? I'm your guy. Whatever you need: spells, cures, or potions - I can provide. For a price.
My life gets a tad more difficult when one particular customer comes knocking. Enter Ashley Sheridan. She's sexy, mysterious, and in a whole lot of trouble. I should have turned her away, but I just can't resist a good mystery. So I poked my nose where it doesn't belong and landed myself in trouble with a malignant seer. I have to do as he says or people are going to die. I'm not really known for cooperation, so I'll just have to find a way to kill him, before he kills the people I care about.
But how do you beat a man who sees every move you make, before you've even decided to make it?


My Review: I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher. As this book was narrated by the main character and addressed the 'reader' frequently throughout the narrative I'm not sure if I would have liked reading it. However, listening to Han narrate it was so good, that I thoroughly enjoyed the story. A small spoiler here, as his name doesn't come up straight away, but Eddie Lancaster is the most irreverant hero I have ever come across, he's so snarky, selfish, spoiled and generally the kind of man you want to avoid, yet he was also clever, inventive, good to his friends and not afraid to admit to all his faults. I honestly can't really think of what else to say, without any further spoilers, except that I will only be getting the future Arcane Inc. books in audio as I still don't think reading them will be my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.