-->

Monday, July 02, 2018

An updated review for Somebody's Monster by Beau Van Dalen

Somebody's Monster (Stardust #1) by Beau Van Dalen 4*
BLURB: A tale of mystery, thrill, and erotic love.
Vance Steward only wanted to start over.
His wish was granted – but not in the ways he’d expected.
Chased by a Kraken responsible for the murder of their commander, fighter pilot Vance Steward and his crew navigate through unknown territories, their ship running on its last power supplies.
Victim to a freak accident, Vance is gravely injured and can only watch as his comrades fight for their lives, his hopes of survival growing thin. However, between darkness and stars, Vance finds himself forming a close bond with Luenos, an alien passenger robbed of sight who seeks to find his long-lost family.
Left to his own demise by his crewmates, trapped in a battle with life and death, love and war — Vance makes a promise to Luenos that will change their lives forever.
But enemies aren’t always who you think they are.
And betrayals might be just around the corn


My Review About a month ago I reviewed this book stating that it had too much missing, only to find out from the author that it was poor formatting in the ARC that had caused so much to be lost. He kindly offered to send me a new copy once it was published and so, two days ago, I received my new copy.
Naturally I decided to immediately read it to find out how it compared to the first copy. Let's just say that the 4* rating I've given it is far more accurate than the original 2*. It has no unexplained bits and reads nice and smoothly, plus it has some very interesting aliens and an intriguing storyline with a couple of twists that I truly enjoyed. If you like the sound of the blurb go ahead and buy it especially if you want an alien romance with a nice little adventure wrapped in it. Meanwhile I shall be waiting to see what book two will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.