-->

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Pre-release Review for The Case Of The Sexy Shakespearean by Tara Lain

The Case of the Sexy Shakespearean (The Middlemark Mysteries #1) by Tara Lain 5*
BLURB: Dr. Llewellyn Lewis leads a double life, as both an awkward but distinguished history professor and the more flamboyant Ramon Rondell, infamous writer of sensational historical theories. It's Ramon who first sets eyes on a gorgeous young man dancing in a club, but Llewellyn who meets teaching assistant Blaise Arthur formally at an event held for wealthy socialite Anne de Vere, descendant of Edward de Vere, seventeenth Earl of Oxford-who some believe was the real Shakespeare. Anne wants Llewellyn to prove that claim, even though many have tried and failed. And she's willing to offer a hefty donation to the university if he succeeds.

It also means a chance for Llewellyn to get to know Blaise much better.

Not everyone thinks Llewellyn should take the case-or the money. Between feuding siblings, rival patrons, jealous colleagues, and greedy administrators, almost anyone could be trying to thwart his work... and one of them is willing to kill to do it.

When Anne de Vere turns up dead, the police believe Blaise is the murderer. Only the shy, stuttering professor who has won his heart can prove otherwise...


My Review: I was given a free copy by Enchantress Design & Promo. As most of my regular readers know I can't get enough of Tara Lain's books. They are always excellent in both character portrayal and world building, this one was no different. What was different was the lovely mystery woven within the romance. It reminded me in a small way of Agatha Christie's books, with the subtle twists and turns of the plot and it's ingenious clues and red herrings. Then of course the big denouement to tell all and nab the culprit (and no I am not saying anything else about that) right before the end. Though the end here had another subtle twist in the plot and lots of sweet and sexy romance. I am very glad that this is the first in a new series by Tara Lain as I know I will have more like this excellent book to look forward to.
oh and one more thing before I leave you to go preorder the book (it's out July 31, 2018) and that is, please don't start reading it late at night unless you can have a lie in the next day because, if you're like me, you won't be able to put it down.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you for reading it. I'm thrilled to have the name Agatha Christie mentioned anywhere near this book! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to tell me what you think.