-->

Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Audiobook Review of Wholesale Slaughter by Nick Partlow & Marc Vietor

Wholesale Slaughter (Wholesale Slaughter Book 1) by Nick Partlow & Marc Vietor
4*
BLURB: A king can't defeat an army of lawless pirates. But a mercenary can.
Logan Conner is the son of a king, the heir to the largest of the five star-dominions, and the best mech pilot in the galaxy. His people are plagued by pirates and raiders, surrounded by enemies, and not even his father can fight them all. Logan gives up his position, his rank, even his name, and becomes Jonathan Slaughter, leader of a rough-and-ready band of mercenary mech-jocks bent on taking the battle to the enemy on their own terms.
They’re Wholesale Slaughter. Kicking ass is what they do.


My Review: “I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.” I had mixed feelings when I finished listening to this because, even though it 'technically' didn't end on a cliffhanger, it did feel like a rather abrupt ending with so much more to come - and yes I know it's only book 1 so of course there's more to come, but that doesn't negate the let down feeling I had at the end. This let down feeling is why I waited until now (3 days later) to actually make my review. The rest of the story had me riveted to see what would happen next and I was also so immersed in the fighting scenes (Marc is great at narrating them and Legacy of the Aldenata are some of my favourites of his) that I hated to have to pause the story to go answer the phone. This alone should tell you that the only reason this got a 4* instead of 5* rating from me was that abrupt ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.