-->

Monday, July 13, 2020

Audiobook Review for Lucille's Valentine by Lorelei Moon & Gethyn Edwards

Lucille's Valentine (Vampires of London #3) written by Lorelei Moone and narrated by Gethyn Edwards 3*
BLURB:The enemy of my enemy is my friend?
Lucille Amboise has been serving as Enforcer to the Vampire Council for centuries; a role she's always taken extremely seriously. When an investigation causes her to cross paths with a human tracker who is hunting the same criminal, she decides to join forces, at least on the surface, to increase her chances of bringing the rogue vampire to justice.
Two things she didn't count on: The growing connection between the human and her, and the ever growing risk of losing either her life or her heart if he finds out about her true nature.
Valentino Conti's family has lived on the fringes of human society for generations. He comes from a long line of hunters, not of animals, but of so-called Nightwalkers. His latest investigation takes him to London, where he's surprised to find a mysterious woman on the trail of the same murderous monster he's after.
They begin to work together, but he can't contain his curiosity: Who is his new partner, and what secrets she does she hide?
All books, including this one, in the Vampires of London series are stand-alone and can be listened to out of order.


My Review: “I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher. This was the last one in the trilogy but could be read as a stand alone story too. However I found it a tad bland compared with the first two and the narrator had me almost falling asleep. Not because he was bad, but because he had that smooth, easy voice that calmed me down too much and made me nod off. Maybe if he'd been reading an action packed science fiction or I'd been more caffienated I'd have stayed awake longer, but even with the really sensual sex scenes, it wasn't enough to get my blood going and stop me from napping and having to rewind to catch up again. The story itself was about what I expected from having read the second one over three years ago (and I listened to them both right after this one as I had all three in one audiobook). Lorelei writes a pleasing romance with a good balance of sex and action that is easy to read and flows well. I personally am of the opinion that people need to decide for themselves about listening to this one but, if like me you get really relaxed listening to a smooth talking guy, you might want to stock up on coffee or other stimulents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.