-->

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Review of Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny

Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny 4*

BLURB: Damnation Alley: three thousand miles of radioactive wasteland, swept by hurricane winds, blasted by giant firestorms, the domain of mutants and monsters - a lethal wasteland few men dare to cross...

Hell Tanner: last of the biker Angels , a survivor of the Big Raid that destroyed most of America. the only man in California with a chance of getting through Damnation Alley to Boston with the plague serum the ravaged city needs to survive...

Roger Zelazny has created a gripping, terrifying story of a violent odyssey through a man-made nightmare inferno.

My Review: This was one of the few Zelazny books I didn't get to read as a teen so when I found it in a second hand bookshop I had to get it. 

I have to say it was everything I expected from my experience of his writings, and I saw how much it must have influenced others. From how the anti hero was a prototype of characters like Mad Max to how the post apocalyptic world was still ruined after 30 odd years like in Pilgramage to Hell.

It wasn't the best Zelazny book I've read but it was a good story well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.