-->

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Reviewing Robby Riverton: Mail order Bride by Eli Easton & Matthew Shaw

Robby Riverton: Mail 'order Bride by Eli Easton, Narrator Matthew Shaw 5*
BLURB: Being a fugitive in the Old West shouldn’t be this much fun. The year is 1860. Robby Riverton is a rising star on the New York stage. But he witnesses a murder by a famous crime boss and is forced to go on the run - all the way to Santa Fe.
When he still can't seem to ditch his pursuers, he disguises himself as a mail-order bride he meets on the wagon train. Caught between gangsters who want to kill him and the crazy, uncouth family of his "intended", Robby's only ally is a lazy sheriff who sees exactly who Robby is - and can't resist him.
Trace Crabtree took the job as sheriff of Flat Bottom because there was never a thing going on. And then Robby Riverton showed up disguised as a woman and betrothed to Trace’s brother. If that wasn’t complicated enough, Trace finds the man as appealing as blueberry pie. He urges Robby to stay undercover until the danger has passed.
But a few weeks of having Robby-Rowena at the ranch and the Crabtree family will never be the same again


My Review:“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.” When I was offered the chance to hear this wonderful story I couldn't resist taking it. I am delighted to have done so as Matthew does an excellent job of bringing all the characters to life. He matched my ideas of how they should sound so well it was uncanny. As to the actual story? Well my opinion hasn't changed from when I read the kindle version, the review of which you can read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.