-->

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Reviewing 5th Gender by Gail Carriger

The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars #1) by G.L. Carriger (Writing as) Gail Carriger 5*
BLURB: A species that has no word for murder, has a murderer aboard their spaceship.
ALIEN
Tristol lives in exile. But he’s built a life for himself aboard a human space station. He’s even begun to understand the complex nuances of human courting rituals.
Detective Hastion is finally flirting back!
MURDER
Except that Tristol’s beloved space station is unexpectedly contacted by the galoi – a xenophobic species with five genders, purple skin, and serious attitude. They need the help of a human detective because there’s a murderer aboard their spaceship. Murder is so rare, the galoi don’t even have a word for it.
Tristol knows this because he is galoi.
ROMANCE
Which means that he and Detective Hastion are on the case… together.


My Review: I loved this book! It had everything I ever want from a sci-fi story and added in lots of lovely romance and then stirred the whole thing up with a murder mystery. With all my favourite tropes in one book, of course I loved it. Full of well rounded characters with believable aliens, great world building, and a nice cozy mystery it had me riveted right through to the last page. I just hope there will be more Galoi in the next Tinkered Stars story, and if it turns out to be Tristol and Drey again then I'm going to snatch it up so damn fast I'll leave scorch marks on my bank account :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.