-->

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Audiobook - Personal Challenges by K.C. Wells & Cornell Collins

Personal Challenges written by K.C. Wells and narrated by Cornell Collins DNF

BLURB: Will and Blake couldn’t be happier. They have a beautiful little boy, Nathan, and Sophie finally has the little brother she’s been demanding. But all is not bliss in the Davis household. Coping with reality is going to change all their lives.
Rick and Angelo are sick and tired of trying to get a wedding organized. If it was up to them, they’d be married already, but Angelo’s mother has plans and they keep getting bigger. Angelo can see problems on the horizon: Big, traditional Italian wedding and gay do not go well together. Something’s got to give.
Colin receives an unexpected call from an ex, with bad news. He feels compelled to help, regardless of the consequences. Ed loves Colin’s big heart and supports him in his efforts, but when the truth comes out, he finds it difficult to keep a lid on his emotions.
As the coming months unfold, the friends are going to need each other more than ever.


My Review:
“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.” This turns out to be #4 in a series and maybe this can be listened to as a standalone, but I strongly recommend against it. Not having heard any of the previous stories (and not seeing it mentioned anywhere that it is a #4) I was not expecting to be dropped into the middle of three couples lives, without even a backstory to help keep track. I admit to giving up listening a short way in, so maybe the backstory gets mentioned, but I honestly couldn't say. I will probably try this again after I have read or listened to the previous books, so that I can get my head around who each couple is and what they've lived through, before this one starts. Meanwhile I also apologise to author and narrator for not having the patience to listen to this one all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.