-->

Monday, March 20, 2023

Recent Release Review of The Dragon Eater by J. Scott Coatsworth

The Dragon Eater by J. Scott Coatsworth 4*

BLURB: Raven’s a thief who just swallowed a dragon.

A small one, sure, but now his arms are growing scales, the local wildlife is acting up, and his snarky AI familiar is no help whatsoever.

Raven's best friend Aik is a guardsman carrying a torch for the thief. A pickpocket and a guard? Never going to happen. And Aik's ex-fiancé Silya, an initiate priestess in the midst of a magical crisis, hates Raven with the heat of a thousand suns.

This unlikely team must work together to face strange beasts, alien artifacts, and a world-altering threat. If they don’t figure out what to do soon, it might just be the end of everything.

Things are about to get messy.

My Review: I was a bit upset at the fact that I still had so many questions I wanted answered at the end but at least it wasn't an actual cliff hanger!!

Raven, Aik, and Silya were great characters that really sprang off the page and I liked the way the fauna and flora were given equal consideration in the way they were depicted. I really don't want to give away any spoilers but I will say that some of the book was a little confusing as to who's and why's so I'm hoping that will be clearer after book two (please write it quickly author, I have needs!)

Over all this was a fantasy novel with overlays of Science Fiction and I highly recommend that if you've read J Scott Coatsworth before that you go get this one for your library. If you just like far sweeping fantasy/science fiction with a touch of coming of age, heroism, and group dynamics then this one is for you (as long as you can wait for the rest of the story with more patience than I can).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.