-->

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Wonderful Post Apocalypse Book - Odd Billy Todd by N.C. Reed.

Odd Billy Todd by N. C. Reed 4*

BLURB: BILLLY TODD HAS ALWAYS BEEN DIFFERENT.

Most people called him odd, and those were the nice people. Born with a learning disability, Billy's parents never allowed him to consider himself disabled. Raised to be self-sufficient, Billy might not be as smart as some, but he's a lot smarter than people realized. So, when the entire world is devastated by a plague that kills over ninety-five percent of the population, Billy is not helpless. Believing he may be the only survivor in his town, he manages to place himself in a good position to survive alone in a new world.

My Review:  I haven't been reading end of the world plague stuff lately (for obvious reasons) so when I came across this one recommended for me by Amazon I wasn't sure. However the blurb was intriguing enough to make me decide to give it a go.

I am so glad I did as, apart from somewhat poor editing, it was a wonderful story. There was just enough conflict to keep the story flowing but with an in depth look at what would be needed to survive a major catastrophe that kills of most of the world population.

I don't want to give spoilers but there are people other than Billy who have survived and it is these people and Billy who give the book the ability to keep me glued to the page. I honestly had to force myself to  put it down to eat and sleep. 

If you like a believable after the apocalypse story then this one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.