-->

Thursday, February 01, 2024

Reviewing Elaine White's 'A Recipe for Love'

Blurb: When Dr Waylan Robell left Vihaan, he did so on the understanding that he was leaving for the right reasons, and he could never go back. He’s never regretted his life in Dnara, but it can be lonely. Taking care of the Vihaans of Dnara should be enough…it has to be enough…but he longs for someone to share his life with.

Channon Taford has run the “A Taste of Home” food truck for nearly twenty years. He left Vihaan knowing the risks, the cost, and the burden it would lay upon his shoulders, but he did it for the sake of the people he loved most. In his early forties, he thought he was past the age of wishing for more.

Finding comfort in their shared heritage and experiences of life, Waylan and Channon have been drawn together for nearly a year. Now, their friendship is starting to feel like it could be more…until Channon discovers Waylan’s life is more complicated than he thought and there might not be room for Channon.

Can Waylan trust Channon’s offered hand, and everything it could a chance, a future, a connection?

My Review:  I received this book so that I could give it an honest review. This was a new to me author so I wasn't really sure what the writing would be like. Turns out it was good, with excellent world building and well described characters MCs.
My only problem with the book was the slight lack of any real passion throughout, and a lack of describing the Vihaan people in their Vihaan bodies. This was a very low angst story so that might have something to do with the lack of passion, but it just didn't make me feel very emotional at any point. As to the lack of describing Vihaans in depth I hope that will be rectified in the next book, so that we get a visualisation of what their non Dnara forms are. That said I enjoyed the story and will probably read more from the author in the future. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.